[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Arthritis

  • From: Shofar Shepherds <shofar_k9s@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 18:23:14 -0800 (PST)

Well, I won't disagree with you.  Dax is now about 5 weeks away from her 15th
birthday.  Standing still, she looks FANTASTIC. Very little muzzle gray, no
bald spots, coat glistens. She has control over her sphinter.
Okay, she's mostly deaf, and her hind legs give out on her periodically. She
sleeps a lot. She is on a raw diet, feeding now twice a day because I couldn't
keep weight on her with just one meal. Her suppliments are, among other things,
Omega 3-6-9 fish oils, and Glycoflex III.  She has been on Rymidal for at least
a year now, but when I accidentally run out of these two supplements, her motor
function goes down fast, even on the NSAID. I do my best never to run out of
the suppliments! As long as she has these, she can still go up and down the
stairs to the dog yard, which is good, because she quite haughtily refused to
use the ramp I got for her.  Put me right in my place, she did! She is still
the boss of everybody and the dog of my heart.

 I am sooooo impressed with your weightlifting! With my FM and soft tissue
injuries, my idea of exercise is tapping buttons on the computer keyboard.
Now, if I was smart, I would do for myself what I do for Dax!

Leslye Morrow
Member GSDCA
Shofar Shepherds and Shelties