[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Arizona- National sites

  • From: "Robert Dir" <dir@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Joan Fox" <campaigners@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx>, "Carolyn Martello" <marhaven@xxxxxxx>, <rivendellp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx>, <DestinoGS1@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <cinosamgsd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 23:47:25 -0600

Joan--please the 3 site deal--damn not Perry--like ever?  Sandi
        From: Cinosam GSD
        Date: 10/31/2006 9:22:23 PM
        To: fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx; Carolyn; rivendellp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx;
VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx; DestinoGS1@xxxxxxx; dir@xxxxxxxxxx; showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
        Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Arizona- National sites

        I like the idea of one site for the Nationals, centrally located year
after year.....but that is a selfish thought since it would be closest for me.

          An unselfish idea - Why can't we just have 3 sites that we use on a
rotating schedule year after year.  If for some reason one of the sites is a
constant failure, then we change that location and try a new site, but
otherwise we only use 3 sites.  Perry GA and St Louis would make up the East
and Central....not sure about the West.  This way everyone becomes familar with
each of the sites, which in the long run makes traveling that much easier.

          Cindy
          www.cinosamgsd.com
        Terry Cochran <fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
          I flew from Saint Louis home on Monday at 4:00 in the afternoon. It
is a great time to fly. The planes are not full. I had two large plans the
problem was if there weren't enough people they canceled the flights. My guess
is that the people who want to show dogs will be driving and the spectators
will be flying. With that in mind the nationals that are held in the colder
climates need to be early Oct and the nationals held in the southern warmer
climates can be held in Nov.

        What was the average cost of flying a dog excess baggage? I was over
weight with the cameras and printers. They charged me 75.00 each way for being
20 lbs over the limit.
        Terry
        Carolyn wrote:
        Hi Terry;
        We drove to St. Louis with three dogs caravaning with another van with
two dogs from
        N. California.
        Four days driving to get there.........three days of hard driving
another route to get home.

        No National site is perfect......there will always be an issue we can
pick on if we are so
        inclined and bad things happen to good people.......but it all starts
with easy to get to with
        dogs to make a successful National. It's a huge undertaking......and
everyone wants it in
        their back yard. The best that can be done is to make it easy access
for everyone with
        dogs. We are all going to have to concede to that first, to keep the
National successful.
        Then.......seriously consider helping to find sites near main hub
airports for direct flights
        for the dog friendly airlines.

        Carolyn marhaven@xxxxxxx