[ SHOWGSD-L ] Are we having fun yet?

  • From: Stormy435@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 19:00:40 EST

Perhaps my outlook is a bit different.   I always prepare my dog(s) the best
I can, in all ways, and then when the dog is in the ring, I'm about as nervous
as a parent with a child in some sort of competition.   YOu do the best you
can, then you just have to relax and enjoy the day...win or no win.   Just as
you can't be the child in the competition, you can't be the dog in the ring
Those of us who have taken our own dogs in and won tend to forget that it was
the DOG that won...and thank goodness a judge that could see the dog, not the
end of the lead:-).   And "most" of the time it IS the dog that is winning or
not winning, not you (generic you), so why get uptight?   It's much more
stressful for me in performance trials, because then I am part of a team.   If
goof, the dog doesn't get all up tight though. :-)

I'm totally thrilled when my dog(s) win, but not devastated or bitter nor
does it make it any less fun when they don't win.   Who needs that?   The dog
needs the hugs and the congratulations just as the child needs the hugs and
congratulations, win or not, and a big treat or a trip to the pizza parlor.
And
there are no losers when you can have that frame of mind.

There's always tomorrow or next week, and there are so many more life
experiences that are more important.   Really.

Stormy

"You may never know what results come from your action.
But if you do nothing, there will be no result."
                                           Mahatma Gandhi
Stormy Hope
www.FairhopeGSD.com

Check out AOL's list of 2007's hottest