[ SHOWGSD-L ] Are ultrasounds always right?

  • From: Kim McNamara <klite3gsd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx List" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 09:39:48 -0500

Hi List,
Hope everyone had a lovely holiday weekend with their families and their
dogs!  We sure did.  I have a question for the knowledge base here on the
List.  Have you ever bred a bitch and had her ultrasounded and the vet said
"no pups" but she was in whelp and did have pups?  I bred one of my girls in
Nov. and we had several great ties, I had her ultrasounded at approx 25 days
and the vet didn't see anything.  But she looks like she's getting bigger,
and I haven't changed her diet.  We are about 6 1/2 weeks from the breeding
dates.  Is she just getting fat?  Or should I think about dusting off the
whelping box?

Thanks!
Kim

--