[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Apples and oranges...

  • From: "Laurie Pruett" <pruett@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <BAERENTATZE312@xxxxxxx>,<showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 07:53:44 -0500

I respectfully disagree - it is apples and apples.  In public education
we are accountable to our financial supporters - the taxpayers.  In the
GSDCA, the board is repsonsible to its membership.  So, with VERY
LIMITED EXCEPTIONS, the board's business is also the members' business
and we are entitled to know...

Laurie

In a message dated 1/30/07 3:57:45 AM, pruett@xxxxxxxxx writes:

> As an administrator in public higher education, I'm very well aware
> that, with the exception of personnel matters, all of our business is
> public information.  Secrecy is not allowed by law nor is it wise or
> healthy for a publicly supported educational institution.

Ms. Pruett,
The key word in your post is PUBLIC.    The last time I looked, the
GSDCA was
a PRIVATE Club.   The proverbial comparing of apples and oranges.   It
just
can't be used as a comparison.   And yes I remember that previous horse
we beat
to death.   Looks like we are lined up to slaughter a herd.   Quite
frankly I
don't know why anyone would want to run for our Board, its a sad
situation
folks.   Perhaps we could take a lesson from the breed we profess to
love so
much.   Reflect their qualities and maybe this could be a more civil dog
club.
JMO

Regards,
Pat