[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Applause...

  • From: " Oak Smith" <osmith@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pruett@xxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2008 07:12:59 -0600

I understand what you are saying Laurie. But I think your friend Becky needs
to remind the handler just who they work for. When I see a dog or bitch I
like I applaud, regardless of who is showing them or even what I am showing.
When I have had a handler say "what were you doing?" I laugh at them. They
are paid to win not to appreciate good dogs showing well in the ring. I love
GSD's and will always show my appreciation for a good dog shown well. If my
handler can't "handle" that then it's time for both of us to find new people
to work with. There are more good handlers than 1
I have seen some all-breed judges who are not sure which of the dogs are the
best be influenced by applause, I have never seen a specialty Judge
influenced in that way. Could happen I just haven't seen it and I have tried
to no avail :{)
 I remember showing my boy to BOB one time. Jack Reed was in the ring
showing too and he whispered to me "don't have anyone applaud as this guy
doesn't like it. But if you stare him in the eye when he walks by you'll
have it." Well I out stared Jack, I stared so hard my eyes bugged out and
sure enough we took BOB! :{)
Oak
Oak Ridge German Shepherds
Dedicated to the German Shepherd Dog
Signers of the GSDCA Breeders Code of Ethics.
www.oakridgegsd.blogspot.com