[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Applause...

  • From: Bill Basu <billgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pruett@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2008 09:31:32 -0700 (PDT)

Firstly i believe anyone should be able to applaud or not applaud regardless of
the reason(whether they like the dog, whether they are ordered to applaud,
whether just like to practice their applauding skills, whatever).
With that being said,
I must have all the "independent minded" clients. Firstly, i would never
insult  their freedom or maturity as adults to instruct them not to applaud for
whomever they want. Secondly, they would tell me to go to h*ll  if i even
broached the subject with them.
If you are weak enough to be at the mercy of who you are paying to be ordered
around by them, then certainly there is something "back asswards" in the
relationship and you get what you get.
With respect to judges, show under competent judges, these judges are strong
willed, confident and knowledeable people, applause or lack of applause does
not influence their choices.
The GSD showring is not only about the dogs, it is also a "social" event. As in
any "social" event people support or not support things for a variety of
reasons, you will never get rid of that.
However showing under competent judges and engaging in the learning process of
the what is a really good GSD and learning the standard is the true committment
of what smart, sincere and knowledgeable people(whether they be new to the
breed or not) that want to breed and show better GSD's is what the breed is
really about. They in the long run will prevail, not people who just engage in
this for the "social" benefits.
Bill