[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Apology for Re: BRAGS

  • From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: EJDegen@xxxxxxx, izakabuska@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 11:53:07 EDT

In a message dated 3/19/2008 9:43:45 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
EJDegen@xxxxxxx writes:
I am  *so* sorry for insulting ANYONE with my post.  The quote wasn't
FACTUAL
anything....it was just a sign in a portapotty that I saw over  the  weekend
and thought it was interesting and worth  sharing.

I am VERY sorry that you took offense.  I never meant to  insult  anyone.

Julie  Degen

Hi Julie

Let me first congratulate you on your success with your dogs. I am sure we
can all agree that we are somewhat jealous that you have the time to title dogs
 in all those venues.  I know I am.  We all know that is the  dogs that get
the titles, but it is the owners time, devotion,  money and training that gets
them both there. It takes a certain degree of  competitiveness and ego. So
congratulations.

My extra time goes to other activities, which are just as (if not  more)
fulfilling to me. Family, work, traveling, kids, rescue, and  every once in a
while I do laundry.  <G>

I cant put a title on the sense of security I feel when I am home alone  with
my dogs. Or when I am traveling alone, with just my dogs.  I cant  put a
title on the great positive effect my dogs had on me when I was  recovering
from
cancer, their "yes you can" attitude was just what the doctor  should've
ordered.  Nor can I put a title on the pain that it comes when I  lose one of
them.
Nor do I need to. I know what they are worth.

This past weekend I could've titled my dog as The Best Ambassador for the
breed. He made friends where others passed on the opportunity.

It is all relative.........

I don't think anyone was taking a shot at you.  Like some others have  said,
I don't need a title to know what my dog  worth is.  I think the  complaint
came from the part of your post that insinuates that if the dogs don't  have
multiple titles they are somewhat less worthy............which of course we
all
know is not true.

By the way.......... who in their right mind has time to write in a
portapotty?!?!?!?!   LOL

Have fun and keep us posted.

Ileana

Home.