[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Any ideas?

  • From: Kate Syssoloff <rockannand@xxxxxxx>
  • To: asyakgsd@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 22:10:53 -0600 (MDT)

Sorry to read about your puppies not feeling well.  My answer about the cold
turkey effect, is NO, these are too young to be missing their dinners so the
answer has to be elsewhere.  10 old puppies that do not want to eat generally
have worms or more likely coccidia.  But, since your vet diagnosed the pups has
having a digestive infection and I suspect antibiotics were administered?  That
is a lot of medication for a puppy.  To get a 2nd set of shots plus be put on
antibiotics.  For sure, you need to make sure your puppies are very well
hydrated, sick puppies do not want to eat OR drink.  And, you can lose them
just as fast from dehydration as you can from the actual sickness.  Goats milk
is wonderful for their upset tummies and very much like their mom's milk.  I'd
offer them some of that or yogurt.

Did you have their stools checked for coccidia and broad spectrum worms?
Healthy puppies will eat anything!!  I hope they get over whatever it is soon.
It's so hard on you, I can tell.

Kate @ Rockannand