[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Any advise?

  • From: "Michael Lynch" <blackhawkfarmsllc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <hardcastle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 02:06:11 -0700

Hi Gail,

It is done in other breeds, but I wouldn't leave any of my animals
unattended in a locked area for the simple fact, if the ethereal "something"
happens; I would prefer it "happen" in the hotel room with me.

Much to the chagrin of my assistants, I have them unload the dogs there at
the show, then we reload them at night.

Sure, we can leave them there in a locked building overnight, but Imp a
little bit of a control freak and wouldn't leave anything to chance, Peat
activist, faulty wiring, a bitch breaking out of a cage, a dog tangling its
foot on a small hole in the crate blanket, forgetting to latch the door
completely,... um what else... A dog getting its lip caught on a crate
bucket.. bloat, torsion etc. and can you imagine the horror if I had to wait
until am (which is usually never exactly am when you area dealing with
people to open doors) to find out.

I think it would be prudent to not allow a "lockdown" between those hours,
unless you permit someone there at all times to keep a watch.

Mike