[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Another sorry VET!!!

  • From: Jessica MacMillan <spotted101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <myjoygs@xxxxxxx>, <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <windvane@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 15:29:37 -0500

Oooh.. Now that is a scarey story... Somehow one would think that maybe a vet
would have common sense in this case (dog fell down stairs, can't walk =
x-ray). In my case I knew exactly what Pepper had done, but since she was also
not healing as fast as I would have liked, I wanted to make sure it wasn't an
issue (Dr. Nancy will do ANYTHING I ask - she's as curious as I am about
things)...

That's like the situation with the dalmatians where the dogs have a urinary
tract infection, but the vets are always quick to say "It's a dalmatian, it
must be forming stones" - without doing a workup... SHEESH..

As for the following down the steps - I have a horror story about that! We had
a gorgeous pup from a breeding we had done before (two BIS dogs, Specialty
winners, etc)... He always went down steps to eat.. Well, this time he chose to
FLY off the 8th step and at 3 months, broke his neck and died....

Great 21st birthday I had - between the hangover  and when my mom told me what
happened to Carlin, I spent an entire day in bed!

Jess Mac
Paisley Dals (www.paisleydals.com)
& The Shepherd Girls (Simmie, CGC, TDI, TC, HIC & Pepper, HIC)
Member of: DCA, GSDCA & GTCDC_________________________

From: myjoygs@xxxxxxxx recently had an experience with a co worker who had a 4
month old golden fall down the stairs and was barely walking.  She took him to
her vet and the vet without x-raying, said that it was the beginning of HD blah
blah blah.  The girl was in tears, very upset that her dog had HD.  I told her
that unless this vet has x-ray vision there is no way she could tell if the dog
had HD,and since he had taken a serious fall he needed to be x-rayed to make
sure nothing was broken and find out exactly what was going on.  I insisted
that she take the dog to another vet, which she did, x-rays were taken the dog
was seriously bruised, and at this point the hips looked fine.  Owner much
happier and not stressing about her dog having HD.  Can you imagine not taking
a x-ray to make sure nothing was broken, out of place or whatever.
Need to know the score, the latest news, or you need your Hotmail®-get your
"fix".