[ SHOWGSD-L ] Another recipe....

  • From: Barbara Galasso <uwish@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 'Showgsd-l' <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2008 19:45:09 -0500

I found this recipe saved in my bookmarks.  I haven't tried it yet, but
it does emphasize that you use fresh cheese and grate it yourself.  This
is not a recipe for people on diets!  LOL!   Barbara

FETTUCCINE IN GARLIC CREAM SAUCE

It is important that you use a good quality fresh cheese and grate it
yourself - do not use the ready grated cheese for this recipe.

SERVES 4 -6 (change servings and units) <javascript:void(0);>

Change to: Servings US Metric Close <javascript:void(0);>

    *

    * 1 <javascript:void(0)>

    * 2 <javascript:void(0)>

    * 3 <javascript:void(0)>

    * 4 <javascript:void(0)>

    * 5 <javascript:void(0)>

clear stars <javascript:void(0)>

      Write a Review! (optional)

Submit Cancel

      Ingredients

    * 1 lb fettuccine
      <http://www.recipezaar.com/library/getentry.zsp?id=273>
    * 1/2 lb fresh Italian cheese, you grate it (Fontinella, romano,
      locatella or parmesan)
    * 4 tablespoons butter
      <http://www.recipezaar.com/library/getentry.zsp?id=141> or
      margarine <http://www.recipezaar.com/library/getentry.zsp?id=421>
    * 1 cup light cream
    * 3 garlic cloves
      <http://www.recipezaar.com/library/getentry.zsp?id=165> (or more)
    * 1 teaspoon dried parsley
      <http://www.recipezaar.com/library/getentry.zsp?id=171>
    * salt & pepper

      Directions

   1.

                1

      Cook the fettucini according to instructions.
   2.

                2

      While the noodles are cooking melt the butter in a skillet and
      saute the garlic for 1 minute, add parsley and continue sauting
      for 4 additional minutes (use medium low heat you do not want to
      burn the butter etc).
   3.

                3

      Add cream slowly and simmer 5 minutes.
   4.

                4

      When the noodles are done drain well and return them to the pot.
   5.

                5

      Pour the cream mixture over the noodles, add the cheese& toss.
   6.

                6

      Serve piping hot.