[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Another question on: Understanding the GSD Standard

  • From: randall chesnut <rchesnut70518@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "bedkar@xxxxx" <bedkar@xxxxx>, "marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2015 15:13:22 -0800

If he/she was superior to the rest of the class in every way I would award the
class.  That is not to say, there may not be difficulties up the ladder.
Randy Chesnut

On Thursday, January 8, 2015 2:56 PM, Bedkar <bedkar@xxxxx> wrote:

Every Breed standard is specific to what the breed does and what defines type
in that breed.
Most Working, Herding and Sporting standards are very specific about correct
dentition.....
to the point that what can or can not be missing and what is correct bite and
what is permissible
is clearly defined.  Dobes can have no more than 4 missing teeth but they can
not have any
extra teeth.  In  Leonbergers, full dentition is preferred but only a missing
3rd molar is allowed.
Australian Shepherds "strongly prefer" full dentition and a scissors bite .
If I were to get an overshot bite in any Working, Herding or Sporting breed in
the Group I would
be highly surprised....and no, I would not use it.....and,yes, I would probably
talk to the judge who
gave it BOB.