[ SHOWGSD-L ] Another one gone

  • From: Rikers123@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 12:37:31 EDT

Yesterday after an agonizing and heart searching weekend, I held our  Tipper
while she went to sleep. Tipper had an attack of Vestibular syndrome a  few
months ago. When I brought her home a week later I noticed something on her
croup and took her in for an exam. The vet x-rayed her croup and then her
chest.
She had developed osteosarcoma and had a sunburst on the top of her tail.
Since  then it has enveloped the whole base of her tail. Over the weekend
another
one  showed on her rear leg along with edema in both rear legs. We've been
helping her to stand and balance herself, but when she couldn't stand for 2
days  and then saw that the growth on her tail had virtually exploded, I took
her
to  our longtime vet who helped me release her from her suffering with
dignity. Her  mother was heavy in whelp with her litter when Riker won the 6-9
class
in 1994  and so traveled with us and was kind enough to wait until we got
home to deliver  Tipper and her lovely littermates.Over the past several years,
Tipper has been  our puppy nanny and house queen and Riker's constant
companion. The void here is  huge.
Greenwood's Dream Come True HIC OFA
November 15, 1994 - April 15, 2008
Ch Bramblewood's Trademark x Kilwood's Kayman Island

Denise  Groenewald
President GSDC of North Georgia
Editor of The Guardian, GSDC of  Atlanta Monthly newsletter
_www.greenwoodshepherds.com_ (http://www.greenwoodshepherds.com/)

Finance.      (http://money.aol.com/tax?NCID=aolcmp00300000002850)