[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Another movement question

  • From: Peggy <pmick@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Stormy435@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 21:26:28 -0400

Stormy,
What you're describing is not over-extending, it's kicking up.  Lots of
people think that's good movement.  Just as many, if not more, cheer the
loudest for the dogs who go nowhere in front, who move from the elbow
and whose shoulders never open, who lift like mad...in fact, the higher
the lift the more some people scream and yell and cheer.
    The kicking up behind is a very common thing in many breeds...I was
looking at a website somewhere the other day with pictures of many big
winners and probably 90% of them were kicking up...it is most definitely
wasted motion, but still not as ugly as that proppy, lifting front
action.  That's just hurtful to watch..........
Peggy