[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Another attack made on Cesar Millan

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: Wasatchgld@xxxxxxx, sheilaofmiami@xxxxxxxxx, stormygsd@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 07:20:12 EDT

In a message dated 9/6/2006 8:22:22 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
Wasatchgld@xxxxxxx writes:
There's  also the matter that most of the dogs Cesar works with on his
show have  been through multiple 'trainers' and classes with no  success.
These  dogs often have already bitten their owners and guests, and  Ceasar
is  literally the last resort for these animals and their owners.  Even   at
that,
his preferred leash and collar is thread thin - the heavier  stuff is only
used
if that is all the owner has on  hand.

You hit the nail on  the head Janice:)

I don't have the temperament to work with people and their dogs.   (Don't
know how you do it Sheila!)  Oh, the dogs are fine, but here's a  simple
exercise.... sit in a vets office and watch what comes in.  All  sorts of
things out
of control.  Then you have to wonder what goes on at  home.  If you really have
a few minutes, continue to watch and get into why  people have their pets.
For some, the golden or lab goes with the two  kids, a beamer and a place in
the country.  For others, you can see the  (often pampered, spoiled rotten,
bratty) pets are surrogate children.  Then  we have the macho crowd w/
pit-types
dripping in obnoxious collars.  Pet  bling!

Is it any wonder the dogs are a mess?

I was in the vets yesterday and the counter was littered with brochures for
"trainers".  I don't have the answer (except to keep my dog in the van  until
it's our turn and avoid the melee!), but I really don't think Cesar is the
problem.

Kathy
member GSDCA, DVGSDC
three  generations of Dual Titled TC'd Champions live here!

visit _Pine  Hill German Shepherd Dogs_