[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Announceent from the Board Meeting

  • From: Wasatchgld@xxxxxxx
  • To: GrnRam415@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 15:46:49 EDT

Good points - if a public apology keeps us out of a lawsuit, it's  probably
the least damaging way to go.   Even if we won, it can drag on  for years
and do some serious financial damage to the GSDCA.  It's a  headache
we don't need!    - Janice

In a message dated 4/29/2007 1:24:03 P.M. Mountain Daylight Time,
grnram415@xxxxxxx writes:
Ok,  playing devil's advocate here for a minute.  Say you are on the  Board.
The Membership stated, in no uncertain terms, that we do NOT want  Hunte as a
member of our club.  The Board screwed up in the beginning and  now has to
find a way to make that happen.  There were threats of  lawsuits and violations
of P&P.  So, your options are what?   Placate the guy with a public letter of
apology.  The only real thing we  all know was on the table.  Or, say we don't
owe him an apology and hope  he goes away.  Personally, I do not think we do
owe him an apology, but  if it will make him go away and stop this talk about
lawsuits, I would  seriously think about agreeing to it.  There may also be a
condition that  the letter be published in a National show magazine, not the
Review.   Again, who cares.  If worded correctly, it will be a big nothing.
Nobody in the show world will care in a couple months.  So, my question  to you
all is this.  If you were on the Board, would you not do whatever  it
takes (short of paying him off) to get rid of this guy?
We may never know the whole truth about the "terms and  conditions"  The most
important thing is that Hunte is NOT going to be a  member of the GSDCA.
JMHO, of course.