[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Ankylosis / huh?

  • From: "Carolyn Martello" <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <ELG440@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2014 11:35:59 -0700

How odd.  Maybe you have a different Standard than the one I read...
.....but the one I read says:
"Tail Bushy, with the last vertebra extended at least to the hock joint.
It is set smoothly into the croup and low rather than high.  At rest the
tail hangs in a slight curve like a saber.  A slight hook-sometimes
carried to one side-is faulty only to the extent that it mars the
general appearance.   When  the dog is excited or in motion, the curve
is accentuated and the tail raised.    TAILS TOO SHORT, OR WITH CLUMPY
ENDS DUE TO ANKYLOSIS, ARE SERIOUS FAULTS...."   ??

( my capitals )

Carolyn  marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.marhaven.com