[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Animal shelters

  • From: Luanne Crinklaw <silvermoongsds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: irrenhaus4@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 16:17:00 -0800 (PST)

Amen to the will part, I have it in my will and my husband has it in his ( in
case he manages to outlive me lol ).  Working at the Denver Dumb Friends League
was the hardest job I ever did and also one of the most rewarding, especially
when the lost got adopted by a wonderful family. We also took turrns in the
room as it gets to you day in and day and day out. But I also agree that there
are some people who never should have children let alone pets. All owner turn
ins were flagged with the shelter so they could never adopt again.
  Luanne

  Working at a shelter is not easy.  Several of us here take turns, as it

is sometimes more than one who loves dogs can stand.  The condition of
some of the surrendered animals can be shocking.  Of course there is an

occasional animal who is unsalvageable, mostly due to temperament. Many

times this bad dog is created by the humans who have owned it. It is
still very sad. We try to do euthanasia in the most humane way
 possible,
and all of us hate it.
I would love to see the day when no dogs are taken to the shelter
because people step up and take responsibility for them.  I realize
 this
will probably never happen.
An additional note: be sure you have provided for your dogs in your
will. This is very important.  Doris E