[ SHOWGSD-L ] Animal Laws

  • From: "dlauffer@xxxxxxxxxxx" <dlauffer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 00:28:09 GMT

Ginger is always very attentive in posting to the list all upcoming changes to
laws affecting us.  I wonder how many of us really realize how widespread the
trend is becoming.

My husband and I have been looking for land to purchase.  Don't care where.
The only criteria we have is that it's in a dog friendly area.  Our intention
is to be able to have enough land to be able to condition our animals without
having to pack them up and drive somewhere, to be able to have more than the
city limit of 4 over 4 months if we choose, and for them to have ample room to
run and play without disturbing anyone or endangering themselves.  What we have
come to learn is that it is darn hard and becoming harder every day.

We have found some very nice pieces of property only to discover that they were
either in an area or close to an area that had laws or were passing laws that
are detrimental.

Until we started looking we had no idea how widespread this problem is
becoming.  I suggest we all read Gingers posts and attempt to help whenever we
can.  We also need to be right on top of things in our own areas and work hard
to oppose some of the legislation that is being passed.  Or we ALL might be
looking to for somewhere to move!!
JMO
Dee
Colorado