[ SHOWGSD-L ] Angulation and trotting - puppy wanted

  • From: Kelly Johnsen <kellytsi@xxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2007 10:50:05 -0700

I read the explanation that sheila lieberman posted under "Puppy Wanted" and
remembered something from last weekend. I brought my 2 GSD's camping on
Saturday, and had to exercise them early in the morning before the rest of the
campers woke up. My pup is just over 6 months and is a much better fetcher than
her Mom, but doesn't like to bring the stick back. I was watching her in the
field trotting in huge circles around us with her stick held up like a prize.
It was apparent that the trot was her most comfortable gait, and she looked
like she was floating on air.
Unfortunately, our camping trip was cut short because my Grandma had a serious
setback in the hospital, but it was really nice for 2 days, up at 5-6am with my
dogs in the misty fields at the lake.