[ SHOWGSD-L ] And, that's the truth

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2005 22:45:01 EDT

In a message dated 10/6/2005 9:32:26 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
rivendellp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Too  many on "Da List" are too negative.

It is actually but a few, but since they post often, they seem like a  crowd.
 One is too many.

There are a number of GSDCA members who do not involve themselves in
conformation, and that includes some of the WDA and the White owners. They all
recognize the GSDCA as the parent club in the United States under the AKC and
the
club recognizes them all as supporters of our breed.

The GSDCA began as a conformation club, and through the years other venues
attracted our members, and a while back we realized that some wanted to be
involved in Schutzhund, (not necessarily German style dogs). To keep them
within
our club, we recognized the interest and helped organize and support the  WDA.

Today there seems to be a trend towards more dogs in activities, and
conformation may be losing supporters. If so, then the club will become
directed
towards a different venue. As there is plenty of room for those interested in
working activities, so there will always be an interest in conformation.

The majority of the GSDCA members recognize the difference, and embrace it.
This List was formed to support American style conformation. Since we are
reading this, it seems that the only thing of importance is conformation. The
club members do not feel this way. It is just that this List is for
conformation.

The vast majority of readers, the majority of GSDCA members, and the
majority of those interested in the German shepherd have great respect for each

other.

Do not feel that the few negative posts and posters are the majority of the
GSDCA. It is just that they post, and are here to be read.

I have no doubt that the GSDCA will continue to support the German  shepherd,
in all its venues and permutations.  As I review the list of  candidates for
our board, I do not see one person not respectful of the total  dog, and all
it's activities.

Evan
_Asgard German  Shepherds_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement  and Temperament come together