[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: And CA AB2000(Rabies exemption) $10,000 Matching Gift to The Rabies Challenge Fund

  • From: Stormy Hope <Stormy435@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Paula Cooke <pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Show GSD List <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 20:06:26 -0700

Paula, you and other Californians might support this following, too.
I have 3 old'uns and 2 over 8 and I don't want them to ever have
another Rabies vax.  So I'm supporting this bill:

Subject: RABIES--CALIFORNIA Medical Exemption ACTION ALERT

PERMISSION GRANTED TO POST AND CROSS-POST

CALIFORNIA--Medical Exemption Bill AB 2000 ACTION ALERT!

California Assembly Member Curt Hagman has filed a bill which will
insert a Medical Exemption Clause into California's Rabies Law.
Assembly Bill AB200
http://www.leginfo.ca.gov./pub/09-10/bill/asm/ab_1951-2000/ab_2000_bill_20100217_introduced.html

    "This bill would exempt from the vaccination requirement the owner
of a dog that a licensed veterinarian determines, on an annual basis,
may have a potentially lethal reaction to the vaccination."

The bill has gone to the Agriculture Committee, concerned pet owners
should call the Committee Secretary (Mona Wood) at 916-319-2084  and/
or contact the Committee members at the phone numbers or e-mail
addresses below and leave a message for the Committee that you want
them to recommend passage of this bill.  Feline owners should request
that cats be included as well.

Cathleen Galgiani - Chair

Dem-17

(916) 319-2017