[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Anatomy discussion

  • From: Penny & Bill <ketchy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: The List <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2012 17:40:10 -0500

Most of the critiques that are written, in my opinion, are far from
meaningful for a reason.  Nobody wants to really know what you thought
of
their dog - unless, of course, it's glowing.  That's why the critiques
all
tend to sound alike.  I think the best way I've heard it described is
"You
can tell people that their children are knock-kneed and ugly but don't
criticize their dog."
Pam
***************************************
No, no a thousand times no.  I want to know.  For example, two of our
bitches were just shown in VA under Morton Goldfarb and Helen
Gleason.  They youngest got rave reviews both days.  The older of the
two was rock solid the first day and decidedly NOT rock solid the
second.  I was very interested in what Helen would have to say about
her and she said the dog needed more work.  I appreciate the honesty
and integrity of both these judges.  After all, I thought enough of
them to enter both my bitches.  I paid my entries and I got honest
opinions.  I WANT TO KNOW--ALWAYS.

Penny in NC
The Farm Dog