[ SHOWGSD-L ] Anaphylaxis

  • From: RckyIizard@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, amergsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 16:28:36 EDT

First of all, I want to again thank everyone again for their very kind
thoughts and concern when my Ivan crossed the Bridge.  It meant so  much that
so
many knew what I was going through, and cared, and sent their  condolences.  I
tried to write you all back with at least a thank you but  if I have missed
anyone, I'm sincerely sorry...I had so very many sympathy  notes, and I haven't
been functioning very well.

Apparently, with nothing showing on necropsy except fluid in his lungs, his
cause of death may well have been anaphylaxis--a severe allergic reaction, for
 instance, to a bee sting.  He loved to snap bees out of the air, and  had
never ever had any bad reaction at all to their stings.  He'd simply  spit the
stinger out and go find another to chase.

It was definitely NOT heat-related, there was no evidence of that on
necropsy or in his environment at all.

Many of you have asked his age, he was only 5 years old...he would have  been
6 in October.

Thank you all again for your condolences and kind thoughts.

Rest in Peace my buddy...there will never be another like you.

Liz in Utah

Visit my website at _http://hometown.aol.com/rckyiizard/index.html_
(http://hometown.aol.com/rckyiizard/index.html)