[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Anal Glands

  • From: "DIR" <Dir@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ALL4MORIAH@xxxxxxx>, <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 20:13:22 -0600

----- Original Message -----
From: <ALL4MORIAH@xxxxxxx>
To: <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, December 10, 2007 7:40 PM
Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Anal Glands

> You may remember me talking about my 11 year old girl that had  her gall
> bladder removed.
>
> I noticed shortly after her coming home, some blood spotting. I marked it
> off to her surgery.
>
> Then got her up on the table for a brushing and noticed her butt was very
> nasty. Again , I thought probably some soft stool after the surgery. I
> cleaned
> her up good but she was nasty again within a couple of days.
>
> We took her into the vet and he said she had an anal gland infection. 2
> weeks of Clavamox. She did a little better for a while but even before her
> pills
> were done she started dripping blood from the glands again.
>   Took her in today. He said to try Baytril ($200) worth. He  also
> suggested
> that she may need to have her glands removed ($400) and  their could be a
> tumor behind them , although he couldn't feel anything. He also  said she
> could
> have a bowel control problem afterwards. (she already has that).
>   My feeling is to take the pills back and just have the  surgery. I think
> their is something more going on than just an infection, and  don't want
> waste time.  Any thoughts?    Judi  Bendt

> BE PROSECUTED.

> VISIT OUR WEBSITE - www.showgsd.org

It may be a fistula---saved one of my darlin girls for 4 years after
diagnosis with antibiotic and steroids.  Just kinda  of an on and off deal.
When it got active--we treated.  When it was in remission we did no meds
etc..  It is just so hard to control and the animal seems to be so
embarrassed.   Just nasty!  Sandi