[ SHOWGSD-L ] An unpopular thing to say

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 10:16:28 EDT

So much  for "Encourage not Discourage" ....this news is VERY discouraging.

I have received a number of this type of posts, and it has  been bothering me
all evening. So, let me make one thing clear.  I took off  the person's name
because it is not in response to one post, or one person.  Everyone has the
right to an opinion, but it should not be personal, or an  attack on our board
members.

We have been represented for the past period by an excellent  board. Our
President Lew, has been a very positive image for our club. He is  always
smiling
and complimenting people at the national and presents a great  image of the
GSDCA throughout the world. No one has ever been quite so "hands  on" with
promoting our breed while serving as President. He has had a very  difficult
time,
and risen to do the very best for us we could  imagine.

Gary is another who has worked harder than any other person I  can remember.
He has taken on job after job, and even while being attacked for  doing what
is necessary, he has tried the best he could to do what is needed to  support
our club and our breed. He, more than should be expected has been there  when
anyone needed a response, and taken on the jobs that he was asked to  do.  I
know how hard he has worked and how much this breed means to  him.

I know we all recognize what Paul has been through. He is a  champion of the
rights of our animals, and done everything that he could to  support breed
corrections, and working against the animal rights people who  would take away
our sport. He has also been personally attacked and managed to  survive, even
with his own health problems. Paul was always there for us, and  always will be.

There are other great members on this board, and they need our  support.
Nanci has worked like crazy to promote and put on our national, and  worked
with
this board as asked.

While we may not agree with a point or a decision, our  board members donate
so much of their time and energy to us, for nothing in  return. Let's not
forget that.

If you disagree with a decision, let them know. Feel free  to criticize, but
let's stop any personal attacks. They are understandable, but  not reasonable,
and not productive. There people work endlessly for us, and we  need to
remember that and honor them for their commitment.

Evan_  Asgard German Shepherds_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type  Movement and Temperament come together