[ SHOWGSD-L ] An overview of how the WDA came to be

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 23:31:43 EDT

In a message dated 8/13/2007 4:12:09 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx writes:
Most of  the original WDA Board were GSDCA Board members and there is a
history of the  Past GSDCA President becoming the incoming president of WDA
with
many Board  positions â??sharedâ??.  Original start up money came from GSDCA
members who  wanted to support GSDCA on an international level.

A bit more history. I reviewed the IRS rules when the WDA was formed and
warned the board about too many of the GSDCA board members being the WDA board
members, and for a couple of years they were kept separate. Then after a few
years it went back to having most of the same directors.  Now it seems to  be a
practice that when the GSDCA president is done, he or she becomes the
president of the WDA.e

I have been a member of the WDA since the start, but resigned this year
because of what I perceive as being a violation of the by-laws. I probably will

continue to donate each year, but I understand they do have a healthy treasury,
 so maybe they won't need donations.  I do support the club, but hate what
is going on now.  And why a GSDCA president would become the president of  WDA.

I can't imagine why.

Evan

Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament come   together