[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: An observation of this past weekend shows

  • From: Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2010 14:48:56 EDT

We lost financially on our last conformation show, not sure at this point
just how much.
But I agree with Lee, it is getting tougher with rising costs to make ends
meet.  We are shopping around
a bit more.  We used a different ribbon company for the past show and  our
obed/rally show that is cheaper than where we were getting our ribbons, plus
 they even put our club logo on the ribbons.  Saved a small amount and
every  bit helps.
We got some of the show supplies donated, and we do need to work harder on
this next time.
I guess we are lucky that our performance shows draw very well, so next
year we are applying to do 2 full weekends of rally and obedience.  We made
good money at the last show.  For the clubs that only do conformation, well
I do think it is going to be a serious problem for a long time to come.
Travel, handlers etc are just getting to be too much for the majority.   Most
are staying closer to home and entering shows they can cut costs at, and
very frequently, that is the AB show.  Clustering the specialties with AB  may
be the only answer in the future, if an answer at all.
Molly

In a message dated 4/5/2010 9:32:07 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
LeBrowngsd@xxxxxxx writes:
With  airfares in the $400.00
range to  most part of the country it will  require an entry of probably at
least 40 to pay  all the expenses and  not go in the red. Paying for a
judges
expenses, ribbons,  trophies,  showsite, etc is getting more expensive.
Ok how about some opinions on what  is going on with the specialty shows.
Very curious here as what to  expect in the future.