[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: An interesting Movie question for the list

  • From: Sheila Lieberman <sheilaofmiami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Showlist <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 17:02:26 -0800 (PST)

It seems to me that as long as the dog has Rinny's structure and relative
pigmant, who should know the difference?

  Lassie's line was specifically bred for the tv and movie industry, to not use
the dogs from that line seems silly, they are bred for the work and with the
pigmantation.

  But, while I know Rin Tin Tin was bred and his line is still around, I do not
see his bloodlines in the movies.  I see Lance Lance Lance.  So as long as you
can find a dog that has the right look, let's just be glad that GSD's are
getting some good press.
  Sheila
Miss Hereford <MissHereford@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  An interesting question came up recently and I felt it prudent to ask the
leaders of the German Shepherd Dog world their opinion on the subject.

How would you feel about a new movie about the history, life and times of
Rin Tin Tin being filmed using a dog not from the Rin Tin Tin lineage?

I know that a few years ago that Lassie fans were outraged that a series was
being planned that featuring, for lack of a better word, a generic Collie.
And more recently, fans demanded a real Lassie line dog be used in the movie
released in Scotland in December about the history of Lassie. Ultimately, a
real descendant was used in the filming.

There is no doubt in my mind that this post will garner some interesting
replies, but we do want to know how the world of the German Shepherd Dog
feels. I am not looking to start anything abrasive on the list (or
privately)- just a Simple Yes use Real Rin dogs or No is would not matter to
the fans and/or movie goers.

Faithfully Yours,
Rin Tin Tin
Miss Daphne Hereford
www.RinTinTin.com

POST is Copyrighted 2006. All material remains the property of the original

Sheila of Miami
Mernydex GSD's
Loving Obedience Dog Training