[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: An article in the Review

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: Elsyd1@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 14:08:24 EST

In a message dated 1/10/2007 1:57:03 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
Elsyd1@xxxxxxx writes:
As  someone once wisely said, you should be able to take away her food, her
toy, her puppy....If one of my dogs growled at me FOR ANY REASON, I would  do

more than pinch their nose.    Syd

LOL Syd:)  We're going to show our age w/ the breed here.   Now the trend is
for "feel good", "wait out the behavior" training.  You  know, follow the dog
around, wait for a dog to sit, say "sit", then act like you  won the lottery
and praise the heck out of it?

And, I agree...whatever my dogs have is mine, whenever I want it, no
questions asked:) It starts from the time they are born, no heavy handedness
and  by
the way, no hard feelings either:)  Much the same as their momma  would do,
and I don't see the moms getting too concerned about certain  areas of an
out-of-line puppy they shouldn't put manners on <G>. How  many times do you see
the
puppy's whole head in their mouth?

Kathy
member GSDCA, DVGSDC
three  generations of Dual Titled TC'd Champions live here!

visit _Pine  Hill German Shepherd Dogs_