[ SHOWGSD-L ] An Interesting Day....

  • From: "Ginger Cleary" <cleary1414@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Showgsd-L@Freelists. Org" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 00:52:44 -0400

Today was a beautiful day here in SUNNY north GA. After a weekend of rain,
cold, wind and thunderstorms today was gorgeous.
The past week has been rough here. My van died and I have been without a
vehicle. I had been getting a ride to work from one of the other drivers (I
work for Pizza Hut) but Thursday she was in an accident and totalled her
car. So had no way to get to work. Or anywhere else for that matter.  Thanks
to some GREAT people with the Rescue network I found a fellow rescue person
that lives in the area and she was able to make a dog food run for me so the
dogs wouldn't run out of food.

Then today I had a very interesting visitor. Today I had a visit from AKC.
The inspector for the southeast was here today. We had a great visit
(PASSED!!). She is a very nice person. Doesn't have GSDs, LOL! But she has
Dobes, another favorite of mine. It was a very informative visit too.

First time I have ever been inspected by AKC. Found it to be an interesting
experience. I was surprised she could find my place, LOL! I am out in the
middle of nowhere.  I was out doing yard work and kennel repairs when she
got here. Of course the dogs were all out with me, LOL.

Found out some fascinating things about her job. Sounded interesting, but
not sure I'd want the job, LOL! She didn't have a lot of time here as she
had another appointment, but I did learn an interesting piece of info.
There is a Petland store here in Rome. Apparently they have been
suspended...in fact she is supposed to be doing a reinspection on Thursday.
Unless some drastic changes took place recently I doubt they'll pass.  I
have never seen that place clean.

We had such an intersting conversation I wish she could have stayed longer!
Ah well, I am sure I'll see her again. In fact I may ask her to do a program
at one of the upcoming club meetings :-)

Ginger Cleary - Rome, GA www.rihadin.com
"Laws against something 'that other guy' does will eventually get US because
we are all someone's 'other guy.' " Walt Hutchens,2007

4:22 PM