[ SHOWGSD-L ] An End Of An Era

  • From: Rikers123@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2008 19:11:36 EDT

On February 17, 1994, I held a chubby dark puppy in my arms trying to stop
the flow of blood from the umbilical cord his mom nipped too short. I fought
like hell to save that boy's life. 9 wks later I got the news that Apollo from
our first litter that I had placed a few days before was killed in a
horrible traffic accident. I wanted nothing to do with that dark little puppy
at  the
time but he just wouldn't leave me alone. He went on to become a dear
dependable friend, our 1st Champion, 1st home bred Champion, 1st National
winner,
1st Futurity winner, a therapy dog, one who loved to herd and one of the
greatest puppy rearers I'll ever know.
This morning I held him as he left this world. He was tired and said it was
time to go.  Our home is so very empty.
Am/Can Ch Greenwood's Colrichter TC HIC OFA
02/17/1994 - 10/08/2008

Denise  Groenewald
President German Shepherd Dog Club of North Georgia
Editor,  GSDCA's Best Newsletter Award, The Guardian
SE Regional Representative for  the GSDCA
Responsible Animal Legislation Education Effort Federation
_www.greenwoodshepherds.com_ (http://www.greenwoodshepherds.com/)