[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: American lines and ScH

  • From: Sarah Minsk <gsdworkingline@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2013 23:11:58 -0400

Evan,

Was it Ch Deannson's On Broadway? I only mention him because about 4 or 5
people have sent me PMs about that dog and said he was from the 80's!!!

I want to agree with you but I have seen too many dogs that are noise
sensitive, timid, lack confidence, tuck their tails and shake in the ring( they
were in the class where all the dogs were Champions already), are nervous, etc
and no way those dogs can do ScH. No way. No how. Just no, no, no. Won't
happen.

Youtube some the American working dog Championship or one of those and watch
these dogs work. Heart stopping!!!

Just recently, I was training with a top ScH trainer who also does french
ring!! We were tracking.  You want to watch pure working dogs...youtube french
ring instead! Holy freaking cow!! Nuts!! Anyways, she has a West German
showline and had trained him to an IPO 1. Really nice dog. Impeccable
temperament. Solid, Confident. She said he had Clean, hard bites with full
grips. I believe her as she is one of the top Sport competitors and has the
only GSD to have both top ScH and French ring titles. Yet, the dog was social
and had great type. He did not have the ugly German roach back. Great pigment
and head piece. If I had to fault him, I thought he carried his tail a bit too
high for my taste but in the scheme of things....a tiny issue. My point is you
could have stood this dog up and put him in an akc ring or a sieger show or on
a competition field and he would look like he belonged everywhere. Which was
neat. She had no problem crossing him to an east german bitch. But, she refuses
to breed him until he gets his breed survey.

Sorry for my tangents as it's late and I am distracted by the Patriots game!!!
hehehe

Sarah