[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Amateurs & no futurity wood?

  • From: Joan Fox <campaignersgsd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, ELG440@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2010 04:50:39 -0800 (PST)

Carolyn
 ,
The Board was supposed to vote on keeping the Amateur Futurity but never did.
Joan
Joan F. Fox
website: http://www.campaignersgsds.com
17500 Haskins Rd.
Chagrin Falls, Ohio 44023
Home & Fax: 440-543-9165
Cell: 440-759-4119

________________________________
  From: ELG440@xxxxxxx To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Sent: Monday, November 08,
2010 7:15 PM
  Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] No futurity wood

  In a message dated 11/8/2010 6:57:47 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
  Kmgraphic2@xxxxxxx writes:
  THIS  is  why the Futurity Chair recommended to the Board of Directors that
the  plaques for

  placings be  eliminated.

  I would like to see the vote. I must have missed it in the minutes.  Would
some board member
   please let me know who voted to eliminate the plaques,  and how much we
would
be saving?

  What do the plaques cost?  I remember when we paid our treasurer for  the
heads, and maybe

  we needed to get quotes.

  I don't need no stinkin wood, but it sure does impress the people who have
not done the

  winning before.  We need to consider carefully what we take  away. I did
notice that holding
   the amateur futurity is a requirement for the  future futurities. Who voted
on that?  I have yet to
   talk to anyone except  one person who wanted to even keep it.
   With it being required, I do wonder what  clubs want to host a futurity?

  Also, I bought an extra Select ribbon from Magic Marker to her co-owner. Do
we need to

  spend $60.00 for each ribbon?

  Evan L.  Ginsburg
  Asgard German Shepherds