[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Amateur Owner class

  • From: Christina Klahn <ducksavsfan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 08:13:30 -0800 (PST)

I qualify and am looking forward to the addition of these classes.  I've said
before and will say again, I think it was a great idea for AKC to do this.  I
think it will really help encourage entries and get people out showing their
own dogs.  I know I'll be using it.  JMHO.

  Tina
  Illusion GSDs

  Msg: #2 in digest
From: "Peggy"

Subject: Amateur Owner class
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 01:14:02 -0500

This is how the new A/O class-rule reads...how many of you qualify for this
class?

Peggy

CHAPTER 3
Section 6. The Amateur-Owner-Handler class shall be for dogs that are at
least six months of age that are not champions. Dogs must be handled in the
class by the registered owner of the dog. This class is restricted to
exhibitors
who have not, at any point in time, been a professional dog handler, AKC
approved conformation judge, or employed as an assistant to a professional
handler. Additionally, members of the immediate family or household of a
current
professional handler are ineligible for this class (as defined in Chapter
11,
Section 13).

Professional handlers are defined as any person that belongs or has
belonged
to a professional handlers' organization, distributed rate cards, or
otherwise advertised or represented themselves as handling dogs for pay.