[ SHOWGSD-L ] Amateur Handled Futurity

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 10:12:49 -0500 (EST)

In a message dated 2/14/13 11:11:31 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

For some  reason the Committee worked on it until it became a complicated
separate  Amateur Futurity with a life of its own.

I hate to discourage anything that people might enjoy, but I have watched
this now for a while.

It seems to take extra hours, (yes, even with only a few entries it takes
hours to get through), and serves little purpose. I see the same dogs being
shown again later in the day.  I don't know the purpose.

The Futurity/Maturity is a match anyway.  It has no points, and is not  an
AKC show in the normal sense of a dog show.  If someone wants to learn  to
handle, enter a show. There are a lot of people that will help and give
advice.  If you want to show in a match, encourage the clubs to go back to
putting them on.

If it were up to me, (and isn't everyone glad it isn't), I would get rid of
 the Amateur Futurity, the Long Coat Class at the National, and the OFA
class.  Oh, the OFA class died a natural death. Now, we need to work on the
others.

Evan L. Ginsburg
gsyrfund.com
Asgard German  Shepherds
_http://www.asgardgsd.com_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
Where Type  Movement and Temperament come  together