[ SHOWGSD-L ] Am I in Kansas Yet?

  • From: "Paula M. Cooke" <pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2011 03:57:49 GMT

Well, I planned to leave home at 9 this morning, but, didn't get away until
11:30.  Am now in Prescott, AZ, a most beautiful city.  I have never been here
before and am pleasantly surprised.  It is a charming town, celebrating
Arizona's Centennial this weekend.  Good grief, even Wayne Newton is here!!  I
drove a long, winding road through the Prescott National Forest and was awed by
it all.  Guess I just have a mental image of desert when thinking of Arizona.
This city is awesome.  Pine trees make me homesick for Michigan, to which I am
headed after this weekend's shows.

Just heard from Sergio Espejo that Stormy (American Thunder) took another Best
in Show today in Texas.
She is quite the show dog and so fun to watch.  She is going to run circles
around Clint one of these days - I don't know how he keeps up with her nor do I
know where she gets all that energy from!  What a fun bitch to watch.  Congrats
to the Bates!!  GSD's are sure making their mark in the all-breed ring these
past few years.  They do make the judges sit up and take notice, eh?

Judging is at 8 tomorrow morning, so will go get some sleep now.   Was up at 4
this morning, due to the excitement of my impending road trip.  My OCD let me
down, though.  I forgot to pack socks!!  I am so tired!!

Paula, 11 days and counting

Home of BIS, BISS, Multi-Group Winning, AKC JAM/AOE, Intern'l & Am CH, Bronze
Grand Champion Asgard Harley Davidson, HT, PT, CGC, TC, HIC, OFA CHIC #64047
(Hips, Elbows, Cardiac, & Thyroid),.1st male GSD Grand Champion. 2010 #1 GSD in
California, Lifetime #1 GSD in Michigan, 2010 #1 GSD male in USA (AKC GCH
Stats), 2011 Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show Invitee. 2010-2011-Lifetime AKC
Eukanuba invitee.