[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Allergies

  • From: "Lee Smith" <ladyaramis1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ladyaramis1@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2008 23:03:22 -0400

I have received a few requests for what my dog is now being fed.

The kibble is "Taste of the Wild," which comes in a few varieties. I switch
the varieties around, but right now he is getting the salmon. Canned food is
Evo, although there are a few other brands around that do not contain
grains. We often switch them around, but Evo seems to be the most
reasonable. Even my cats go crazy for both the kibble and the canned food.

The cookies/treats are "Bark Bars" made by American Health Kennels of
Pompano Beach, Florida. 954-781-0730. I'm including the company information
because the company is local to my area. They are very hard and crunchy,
come in the shape of cats and postmen, and my dogs love them. Ingredients:
Rye flour, water, vegetable oil, barley, rice flour, rolled oats, garlic,
Brewer's dried yeast, parsley, sunflower oil, mixed tocopherols, rosemary
extract.

This food is expensive. The kibble comes in 30# bags for around $38.00.
Canned food ranges from $1.69 to $2.50 a can, depending on the variety. I
don't remember the price of the cookies, but they aren't cheap either.

I'm feeding about 2 1/2 cups of kibble and 1/2 can of food once a day. Both
my dogs are on the food and both, including my bitch who has a cast iron
stomach and I'm sure no allergies, are doing great. If someone wanted to go
cheaper, I'd recommend a homemade diet.

Lee Smith