[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: All-breed judges-Love Em or Leave Em

  • From: "Paula Cooke" <pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 00:53:12 GMT

Now Evan, tell the whole story.

The bitch that beat Honey that day finished and I believe that she was a BIF
bitch, with majors under specialty judges.  She even took a BOB over Ch.
Harley, and other Specials, from the Open class, a few weeks earlier.

Honey won her majors while handled by professional handler(s).  When you show
her, she is so very happy to be just running and romping next to you that no
one can see her movement; when Summer showed her, well, she did her best with
Honey, but, she is a very small child; Honey never lifted her head more than 6
inches from the floor.  If her collar had been up higher and had you doubled
her, she maybe would have done better?

Harley went BOB that day; must have been his good feet, (or a handler who
showed him to his best), eh?      :-)

All of our dogs competing that day had Specialty wins, under good, experienced
Specialty judges....judges who have judged our National and/or other big,
prestigious Specialties.  All three of us have good dogs.  All three of us have
equal chances of winning when our dogs are well-groomed and well-handled.
Don't you always say that you would rather lose while handling your own dog,
than win with a handler on your dog??  Be careful what you wish for!!    :-)
:-)

Paula, 188 days and counting

Home of Best in Show, Multi-Group Winning, GSDCA Dual Title Award Recipient,
AKC JAM/AOE, International and American Champion Asgard Harley Davidson v
Plamark, HT, PT, CGC, TC, HIC, OFA (Hips, Elbows, & Heart)