[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: All we have to fear is fear itself, or white dogs

  • From: "Carolyn Martello" <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ELG440@xxxxxxx>, <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 May 2014 22:11:22 -0700

This is not a Biblical issue.....??
And I'm not clear where you think "fear" is the problem
from those of us who do not want to weaken the Standard
by a vote being put forth to lessen the penalty for two
Standard faults?
This would actually result in increasing the faults we
will see in the Breed and in the ring.
WHY would anyone want that??
I doubt you would hear many complaints that you refer to
as "fear"... if the changes to the Standard actually were
to IMPROVE the Breed by RAISING the bar on faults.

to quote:
"Change, for change's sake, is a recipe for failure"

Carolyn  marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.marhaven.com

-----Original Message-----"ELG440@xxxxxxx" for DMARC
Subject: All we have to fear is fear itself, or white dogs

In a message dated 5/27/2014 6:27:21 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
d_fritsche@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

Which  should we do? Move the target or ask that
those who play the game to  improve their aim?

Dave and I agree on most things. I know that those who don't want to change
 the standard may not be fearing change but are satisfied with things they
way  they are.

If that is the case, then there should be no change.

 Ask yourself if you are satisfied with everything the way it is? If  the
answer is "yes" then not only are you the only truly happy person in  the
world, but also perfect in your own world.  Not that there is anything
wrong
with that.

You don't have to fear change to want no change. But, those who want
changes have always been able to articulate why there should be  that
change. Too
many who want to argue against change have no such  answers, other than it
is just the way it has been.

Remember dog is mentioned 14 times in the Bible, but if you read it
backwards, many more times.

Evan

http://showgsd.org/mail.html