[ SHOWGSD-L ] All breeds for all people, but not me

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 23:10:21 EDT

In a message dated 7/14/2010 5:06:20 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

What  would be the purpose of, or the logic of,  "bleeding them dry with
much  higher fees than the all breed clubs pay?"

We may be more sensitive to this than  others. There are four  times as
many specialty judges in German shepherds than any other breed.  I  also have
heard we have six times more specialty shows than any other  breed.  I have
never checked the figures, but it seems right to me.

The German shepherd is a unique animal and a breed that has been in the top
 three for as long as I can remember. As such, it would require specialty
shows,  judges and clubs.

I have no problems with an all-breed clubs or shows.  They please  others
all the time. But, for me, I prefer specialty clubs shows and one special
breed, the German shepherd.  I want to show with shepherds against and with
shepherd people, and with shepherd dogs.  Others can show other dogs, and
enjoy what they will.

Evan L.  Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/