[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: All breed shows vs specialty: Why not BOTH???

  • From: "anthony amoroso" <triplea7@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <VSabiaB@xxxxxxx>, <Ketchy@xxxxxxxxxx>, "showgsd-l" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 17:33:56 -0700

I totally agree with my learned friend Lee. As an exhibitorfor over 40 years
and a retired judge the arguments are weak against the All Breed Shows,"The
rings are too small", "the judges are bad", "people show in All Breed because
they can't win at our Specialty Shows".
Balderdash !

I have shown in both rings my whole dog life experience with two breeds and it
always starts with what you have at the end of the leash. Plus we have one of
the most intelligent breed God has ever bestowed on mankind, the GSD. He can
judge the ring and his own movement.

Currently,We have been showing Hunter in both venues and have done extremely
well. And we will continue showing him at All Breed Shows.

I would like to say to my many doubting GSD fanciers go out and try an
All-Breed Show, I think you will like it. Who knows, you might win.

Tony Amoroso

Ps; Many All Breed Dog clubs can be negotiated with to accomodate a larger ring
for GSD's. They are also interested in entries. And if they will accomadate you
they will usually ask you for a name of a judge you want. Some of the finest
judges you will ever encounter come from the All-Breed Ring.