[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: All breed and Specialty points are the same

  • From: EKOLAN1@xxxxxxx
  • To: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 12:53:36 EST

In a message dated 12/15/2005 11:59:00 AM Eastern Standard Time, InquestGSD
writes:
But Fred, that's one of the points I was making.  There ARE all  breed clubs
going the distance and meeting our requests......large rings,  breed
judges......for the disappointment of maybe 1 point worth on  entries.....a
loss to the
club that had majors the previous year.....
I think there is plenty of blame to go around.

Ileana

There are a lot of specialty judges that will judge for a set  amount per dog
Then if its a one point show the club don't lose. I judged [  after 17years
of refusing all breeds ] an all breed show in ohio aug. 5 2005 for  what i
though was 3 per dog and I knew it would cost me more. As it worked out I  did
it
for minus 200 dollars as it is now 12-15 - 05 and I have yet to be paid  one
penny. Nothing is going to change. And I truly believe that all breed shows
without a force like Jimmy [and he can't go on forever] will be the ruination
of
 the German Shepherd. As it was of other breeds like Irish Setters there's a
hunting breed that has a hard time hunting down it's food dish. But the coat
and  color are beautiful.
Fred M.