[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: All This GSDCA National Talk

  • From: PAGAIRS@xxxxxxx
  • To: 'Jastek5@xxxxxxx';, Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx;, LEWIEB@xxxxxxx;, Wasatchgld@xxxxxxx;, f.fasano@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx;, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 08:34:48 EDT

Bill, Molly,

There is "NO" formalized checklist. Molly, if you have seen a formal
checklist then you are privy to things the board is unaware of.

Gary

In a message dated 6/5/2005 7:50:59 PM Pacific Daylight Time, Bokenkampgsd1
writes:
> Bill - Deb Hokannen has a checklist......I was at the board meeting last
> July when she laid out all of the 5 sites with the pro's and con's to the
> checklist.   All things mentioned on this list were part of the
consideration on
> site inspection   ie  motels, stalls, availability for all venues on site,
> suitability for vendors, seating, travel, availability for meetings for the
> board and the general meeting at the national, ensuing the sites are both
dog and
> exhibitor friendly, availability of sheep, suitable sod.  There were a
> couple of other things that I cannot think of right now, but I am sure
anyone
> truly interested could contact Deb and she would give you the list of what
she
> looks for.

Hi Molly,

If there is a checklist, i think that's great. Is that checklist
formalized(ie. via board approval as to the different criteria and the
importance of that
criteria)? If not, i think the checklist should be ratified and formalized
via
the Board(as representative of the membership) and be an integral part of the
FORMAL process of national selection site. If the checklist is not ratified,
then it is not part of the formal process that i think would be an
improvement
that should be implemented. In addition that checklist should be made
available to the membership so that they fully understand on what criteria a
certain
location was picked and what the other choices were. There is a significant
difference in having this process formalized and kept "informal".  Do you
agree
to the value of this process being "formalized'", if it is not so today.

regards, Bill