[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: All This GSDCA National Talk

  • From: Wasatchgld@xxxxxxx
  • To: Jastek5@xxxxxxx, Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx, JSzymczak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, LEWIEB@xxxxxxx, f.fasano@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Gsdman2@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 19:54:01 EDT

I don't know if there is a checklist or not, but I was with the board when
they were touring the Ogden site in April and I know that they were
actively discussing all the points I've read on the list - from the location
and layout for each venue, to location of stalls and RV parking, and
convenience to the airport and restaurants.  I'm sure when they tour
the Longmont, CO site next month, they will be just as active in looking
for the same things.  The other site they're considering is Albany, and there
is an advantage of already having had recent experience with that
location.

Every site is going to have some big advantages and disadvantages
over any other site it's compared to.  I'm sure the board will discuss
all three sites in context and will make an educated decision.  All
three fairgrounds are good locations and I trust the board to consider
the needs of the membership when they vote.

Janice

In a message dated 6/7/2005 12:31:50 AM Mountain Standard Time, Jastek5
writes:
Okay, i have heard from many on this subject. Replies have ranged from there
is no checklist, to there is a checklist that the Board does not pay attention
to, to there is an informal checklist. So clearly some confusion or
miunderstanding on this point. Assuming this is an accurate cross-section of
opinion on
the subject. Fine No Worries! Let's move forward!!!

Let's accentuate the postive here!!!!!
NOT ONE PERSON THAT HAS REPLIED WITH THIS CROSS SECTION OF OPINIONS HAS SAID
THIS IS A  BAD IDEA. Hurray! i think we might have some consensus as to the
concept atleast, whip me if i'm getting ahead of myself here.

So if we assume this is an idea that we all think can be productive, let's
make it a rallying cry for us to unite upon rather than a divisive element. Can
we do this? Who on the present Board will pick this up and carry it to the
very end, whatever that might be as a postive step in the right direction.  Any
takers????

Yo! Board Members in running Debbie H, Gary,Lew,Evan, Ed Hill, Kris, Jerry
G.(if you are lurking) and anyone else i've missed who's running or any current
Board Members , can you guys pick this up or not!!! Who'll step up and make
this a mission for the Board???

Membership: Do you want to insist that this should be done!! or is it a crazy
lame brain idea??? Thoughts????? I think your Board Members current and
future would like your thoughts!!!

One suggestion, let's talk about process and not personalities in this
discussion so we can make this productive.

respectfully, Bill