[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: All SHOWS are equal

  • From: "Carolyn Martello" <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tanbarkgsd@xxxxxxxxx>, "The List" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2011 11:49:52 -0700

THIS is the way of the future for our Specialty shows as far as I'm concerned.
CLUSTERS of Specialties so we can quit driving up and down the States for
smaller ones  2 and 3 weeks apart that barely pull a major or drop the major!
All Breed Clubs  have known this for years!!
<G>
A lot of work.......but when you are done......you are DONE for that year.
Same with those entering.......ONE weekend instead of two!!   A BIG
weekend....but
ONE weekend ......and one trip.  ( i.e.,  gas, motels, miles, handlers
motels.....etc. )

GOOD LUCK with the shows!!

Carolyn    marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.Marhaven.com

  From: Carolyn Martello <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  To: falkrigia@xxxxxxx, sallyhayden5@xxxxxxxxx, Kmgraphic2@xxxxxxx
  Cc: ELG440@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, ketchy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Date: Thursday, June 2, 2011, 2:31 AM

  I totally agree with both posts below.....but not understanding the
criticism.....???

  Many of us have more than a few Champions that have won in both rings....and
many
  have a title on both sides of their names.....but still just A FEW of them
qualify for The
  Parade of Greats and I think that is fine.
  The qualifications are very specific and are listed in the Policy And
Procedure manual.
  Easy enough to look up.... and work towards....and that is a good thing I
think. A higher
  goal to work for.
  What I am not getting in any of this is exactly WHAT the Parent Club itself
is doing wrong
  to everyone that makes these comments about excluding and not reaching out to
dogs that
  are exhibited in the All Breed ring? I know of NO system where that resume is
checked
  before entering the National??
  The National Brochure and Premium List goes out to every single member of the
Parent Club.
  There is absolutely NOTHING that prevents anyone ( even NON Members ) from
entering
  the National competition in any and every venue that one chooses....
  IF one chooses.
  The Parade Of Greats is a showcase for those that have achieved some of the
requirements
  of a higher level of Conformation or Performance competition and titles
within the National
  competition....with the exception of a few like R.O.M. and SchH111...etc.
  For this showcase.....the titles are either there.......or they are not. No
one checks to see which
  venue the dog is shown in!
  Also I thought the Parent Club is also allowing many Clubs to have a Regional
Specialty Show
  in conjunction with their own shows.....if a Club chooses to apply??