[ SHOWGSD-L ] All Breed versus Specialty

  • From: amidon@xxxxxxxxx (Barbara or DTA Amidon)
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 16:12:29 -0500

I feel we have beaten this subject to death..It makes NO difference all
bred or specialty assuming we have a good judge in both..Lately I have
seen some of the worse Judging in the specialty ring so it depends who
is judging..I started in all breed in Miami and Florida we held shows in
huts no air conditioning..No one complained ..About the Judging or
conditions.The  Grand Victor Red Rocks Gino was shown at Dinner Key
auditorium on cement floors..He sure looked good ..I bred to him got 3
with major points and a highest scoring obedience dog..Ambers Black
Jack..I do feel in order to get great recognition you need to win in top
specialty rings..Under good respected Judges,,The breed has a standard
it is not for some to say they dont like what a shepherd should look
like but all breed types..What they are saying is they dont like German
Shepherds..That is why we have a standard..If you want a four square dog
get a different breed..A good German Shepherd can win both
venues..Remember there is also bad judging at Specialty shows so LEARN
STUDY than show under the better Judges either all bred or
Specialty...Barbara on a freezing cold day in Malaga

http://www.geocities.com/amberkennel