[ SHOWGSD-L ] Airline Shipping

  • From: helen@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 10:14:35 -0800

I?ve shipped numerous adults and puppies without any problems.  Following the
advice previously suggested, major airports, direct flights when possible
certainly adds to better results, but I added one more personal insurance
policy.
On the top of the crate I taped a sign placed in plastic (for rain) which was
strapped on over the top and threw the side metal openings with filament tape.
(The kind of tape you have to cut with scissors.)   The sign was on iridescent
colored paper and I used several colors of marking pens to write the
information.  In addition, all writing was as big as I could make it so it
could be read from 50 feet.  It said:  Airline and Flight # 123 to Name of
City. If there was a second flight then it listed it as well.  I used red?s.
blues, greens, and made the most obnoxious and colorful sign imaginable.
People stopped to read it just to see what it was.  If I was shipping a bitch
for breeding, then another sign was underneath for the return flights and the
plastic sheet just need to be turned over and re-attached.
This worked great for me.  (You can also place your name and # in a corner of
the sign)
Helen Franklin
P.S.  I wonder if anyone out there got one of my decorated crates?