[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Aggressive Bitch - Thank you

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: murk@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 21:13:18 EDT

In a message dated 5/10/2005 7:46:12 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
murk@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
I am  currently running 3 bitches together..one 11 1/2 and the Surpreme
Alpha  Bitch, a 4 year old and a year old pup. It can be done! You HAVE  to
establish the "pecking order" and never deviate from that. It is for  the
most part ATTITUDE.......and understanding the pack system.

I agree with you Mo; I have two girls in the house together, one 7  (the
QUEEN!) and one a little over 2, and I have the whole dog pack thing going  on,
and it's neat, BUT if the younger bitch ever challenged the older one,  I
wouldn't take the chance of putting them together again. The trouble with  a
pecking
order is that, eventually, somebody WILL challenge the older (weaker)  one.
And, you know...I don't know what it is w/ bitches, but they  never forget an
insult.  There's nothing worse, IMO than a bitch fight!  Boys, on the other
hand, in my experience, grumble, posture, strut around, I  look at them cross
ways and they flop down and relax like one big whelping box,  insults
forgotten.
 Interesting too...if one of the girls is a little out  of sorts, you can't
find a boy w/ a search warrant <VBG>.

Kathy
three generations of Champions live  here!

visit _Pine Hill German Shepherd  Dogs_